really tho straight guys will go on and on about how uncomfortable it makes them when gay guys hit on them but lets be fucking honest how many times have u seen a guy continue to hit on another guy after hes visibly uncomfortable vs. how many times a straight guy has continued to hit on a girl after shes visibly uncomfortable
This needs more notes
(Left to Right): Peter Buffett, Jimmie Briggs, Joe Ehrmann, Tony Porter,
Dave Zirin and Moderator Eve Ensler.
new favorite gif
Emma: Not everyone gets to see their parents fall in love, Henry. But.. you’re one.
Regina dips her head and laughs.
[TW: Sexual Assault, rape culture, victim blaming]
His lips crushed mine, stopping my protest. He kissed me angrily, roughly, his other hand gripping tight around the back of my neck, making escape impossible. I shoved against his chest with all my strength, but he didn’t even seem to notice. His mouth was soft, despite the anger, his lips molding to mine in a warm, unfamiliar way.
I grabbed at his face, trying to push it away, failing again. He seemed to notice this time, though, and it aggravated him. His lips forced mine open, and I could feel his hot breath in my mouth.
Acting on instinct, I let my hands drop to my side, and shut down. I opened my eyes and didn’t fight, didn’t feel… just waited for him to stop.
Twilight: Eclipse p. 331 (Bella and Jacob’s first kiss)
This is rape culture.
Young women are taught to think of this passage - which describes sexual assault - as erotic. Young men are taught to force their will on young women, regardless of any (non)verbal cues, because sex is conquest and women are objects - not something to be done between two consenting individuals because it’s pleasurable for both people.
The most frightening thing about this excerpt is that many survivors of sexual assault who have disclosed to me describe stories that sound exactly like this one.
tumblr user clockward submitted this to us. read at your leisure.
The lines before that:
He still had my chin—his fingers holding too tight, till it hurt—and I saw the resolve form abruptly in his eyes.
“N—-” I started to object, but it was too late.
And after he assaulted her she punched him in the face but due to his “super human strength” she broke her hand, said “Don’t touch me!” and then:
“Just let me drive you home,” Jacob insisted. Unbelievably, he had the nerve to wrap his arm around my waist.
I jerked away from him.
When he got in the driver’s side, he was whistling.
AND THEN while he was driving:
“…There is so much I can give you that he can’t. I’ll bet he couldn’t even kiss you like that—-because he would hurt you. I would never, never hurt you, Bella.”
I held up my injured hand.
He sighed. “That wasn’t my fault. You should have known better.”
He grinned over at me. “You kissed me back.”
I gasped, unthinkingly balling my hands up into fists again, hissing when my broken hand reacted.
“Are you okay?” he asked.
“I did not.”
“I think I can tell the difference.”
“Obviously you can’t——that was not kissing back, that was trying to get you the hell off me, you idiot.”
He laughed a low, throaty laugh. “Touchy. Almost overly defensive, I would say.
I took a deep breath. There was no point in arguing with him; he would twist anything I said.
Then when she gets home, to where her father, Charlie, the police officer, is:
“Why did she hit you?”
“Because I kissed her,” Jacob said, unashamed.
“Good for you, kid,” Charlie congratulated him.
I didn’t read the citation first. I read the quote. I thought I was reading a woman’s account of how she was about to be raped, not a fucking passage from a romance novel.
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.
still having this argument with people tho
Once Upon a Time: a summary
love how Regina doesn’t even need a line
oh my god
As a person from California, this is 100% accurate
As a person from Michigan, this is 100% accurate
As a person from England I was so confused because I forgot you use the Fahrenheit system
50 degrees in England
100 degrees in England
I don’t know why I found the skeletons so funny, it’s almost like they’re dancing really sarcastically?
they’re british skeletons of course they’re dancing sarcastically.
“A villain is just a victim whose story hasn’t been told.”
Why is this one of the things recommended for me on my dash.
There’s so much wrong with this.
1. The quote is bullshit, and indicative of everything terrible about our society, which constantly puts the pain of the abuser above those they abuse.
2 It also grossly furthers the idea that all victims are potential abusers. Which has real life ramifications, because this is actually something that survivors of child abuse fear and one of the reasons they do not always come forward.
3. Bucky has no goddamn business being in this set. He wasn’t a villain. He actually was a victim.
4. We saw Anakin’s story. We KNOW his story. Cool story, bro, but you still murdered children. You are not now and never shall be a fucking victim, but those babies were, so fuck you and fuck your defenders and especially fuck anyone who would think that you are a goddamn victim.
5. We know Magneto’s story intimately. It has been told often. He was a victim once. And then he decided that Genocide was okay.
6. Fuck Fake White Khan and we do in fact know Real Khan’s story. He did think he was a victim, but no, he was not. He was a complicated and amazing villain that went against the typical type of POC villains that we get - he was brilliant and clever and not just a “thug.” But he was not a victim (no, not even after the neighboring planet went boom.)
7. We know Loki’s story too. It’s one of a whiny spoiled brat who keeps trying to commit genocide.
tldr: Bucky has no business being in this set. The rest of these people are murderous terrible people. They are not victims, though some of them were once.
I waited to reblog this, specifically for someone to express this^^. tumblr delivered.
I love the “I’m going to make a very good and absolutely on point argument dissecting the original post… but then I’m just going to conveniently forget to deal with the lone female character in this set.”
Because if Bucky Barnes doesn’t belong on this then no fucking way in hell Maleficent does. Maleficent is absolutely a victim (of what can be interpreted as a pretty damn clear metaphor for violent rape) and instead of turning into some mass-murdering fuck-head she builds a wall and says ‘stay the fuck away from me’ and then only kills the aggressors who constantly try to violate her rightful territory even though she put up a giant fucking wall of thorns and left all the stupid humans the hell alone as long as they stayed on their side. Which they did not. Instead they continue to try and murder her and destroy her lands.
There is not one single death that Maleficent causes that wasn’t in self-defense.
So cool analysis zarabithia! Still sexist.
I love you, Race. I really do. Reblogging for the even fucking better commentary.
- Kekkuloida = to prance or just hang around naked (yes, the word includes the presumption that you are naked)
- Örveltää = to be really drunk and do whatever you do when you’re really drunk, like crawling in a ditch somewhere on all fours
- Perskärpänen (literally “ass fly”) = a person who keeps following you without you wanting them to
- Röhnöttää = to sit with a bad posture or lie around because you are bored, lazy, or tired
- Paskahalvaus (literally “shit paralysis”) = the state of being really fucking scared or startled
- Änkyrä = a person who’s very reluctant to change their own, usually backwards and bigoted views
- Änkyröidä = a verb derived from the previous noun
- Raivoraitis (literally “rage sober”) = a person who never drinks alcohol and might be very passionate about it
- Yrmy = a person who’s always grumpy or angry
- Perskannikka (literally “ass end-of-a-loaf-of-bread”) = a slang word for “buttock”
- Vongata = to repeatedly and annoyingly ask for sex from someone who’s not interested (i.e. to be a Nice Guy)
- Könsikäs = a big, handsome, masculine man that you find attractive
- Puliukko = a man who spends most of his time wandering about drunk, smells bad, and might be homeless
Feel free to add to the list. :D
I find it interesting how society doesn’t care when the media sexualizes women, when men sexualize women, when school and the government sexualizes women. But the second a woman is in control and sexualizes herself willingly it’s wrong and disgusting.